Monday, April 7, 2014

Case Study No. 1348: "The Librarian, Power to the User"

The Librarian
1:01
http://www.Drake Arnold.com

This was created while I was doing community service at the library, hahaha.

Video Contest Submission...
Created by:
Drake Arnold
MacDonald - Kelce Library @
The University of Tampa
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33606-1490
(813) 253-3333
Tags: ad madness librareo gale libraries library funny video contest
Added: 4 years ago
From: rlkahwe4kl
Views: 563

["The following preview has been approved for all audiences by the media division of the shadow government of America" appears on screen, then cut to a closeup of a man's wrist with a "tatoo" of a stick figure surrounded by a half-circle]
BRITISH GIRL: [from off camera] He's got the mark of the chosen one!
NARRATOR: In a world where America's greatest social institution has become a relic of the past ...
[cut to an exterior shot of the MacDonald-Kelce Library, as a tumbleweed rolls by]
NARRATOR: And literacy rates have plummeted at a startling rate ...
[cut to two female college students twirling their hair outside of the library]
FEMALE STUDENT 1: Where do teachers get off thinking they can make us read stuff?
FEMALE STUDENT 2: I don't really have, like, time to read ...
FEMALE STUDENT 1: Yeah, I spend way too much time, like, getting my nails done ... and they have really big words, that I never learned.
NARRATOR: Only one man has the power to save planet Earth.
[cut to the stacks in the library, as a man throws a hand grenade down the hallway (which "explodes" in a cheesy bit of special effects)]
[cut to a female librarian (hair in a bun, glasses, white blouse, black skirt) tied to a chair as a man points a gun to her head]
TERRORIST: Tell me where it is!
LIBRARIAN: I told you, I don't know where it is!
TERRORIST: Dammit, woman!
[he shoots her, as "blood" splatters on the door behind her]
[cut to a male librarian running down a hallway, as the "explosion" behind him throws him off his feet and towards the camera]
["The Librarian: Power to the User ... Coming Fall 2012" appears on screen]

---

From drakearnold.com:

This video is kind of silly because of the way it came into creation... I had commuinty service at the library and was lucky enough to be able to make some videos for part of my community service hours. It was made as a submission to a contest which my sweet librarian overlord recommended to me. As such, there were stipulations to the video, such as, I had to use their logo and slogan. Anyways, it's kind of stupid but it amuses me atleast.

No comments:

Post a Comment