Thursday, October 24, 2013

Case Study No. 1072: Unnamed Male Librarian (Royal Trouble)

Royal Trouble - Ep7
24:51
Royal Trouble -- Episode 7

Loreen helps the librarian while Nathaniel helps the alchemist, and they both help each other. We also get to smash a mirror with a key. Finally some logic! Loreen also gets to weigh ingredients, while Nathaniel gets to do some cooking.

I'm sorry about the bad voice/microphone sound. My microphone has suddenly gone crazy...


I'm playing under the name "Wardfire", although my account is in the name "Iyasumi". These are my two main internet/game-names.

In game-sounds are probably not the best quality since they are recorded by my microphone from my speakers, but hey, don't wanna ruin everything for people getting this awesome game themselves.

Use CamStudio for recording (40fps) with Xvid codec, and Veedub to sync audio and video.
Tags: Video game
Added: 7 months ago
From: Iyasumi
Views: 594

[scene opens inside of the Black Knight's castle, as the player enters a new room and discovers that it is a library, where a dejected-looking male librarian (balding, glasses, long red mustache, brown and green tunic) is sitting at the front desk]
LIBRARIAN: Hey! Who are you and what are you doing down here? Are you new?
LOREEN: Umm ... yes? Yes, I'm new!
LIBRARIAN: Well, you can go right back to your Master and tell him I won't help him today! I have a terrible stomach ache! He fed me rancid food and now I am sick ...
LOREEN: Well ...
LIBRARIAN: Fine! Yes, I am his prisoner in this god forsaken place, but I did not agree to such atrocious treatment! My knowledge is worth more!
LOREEN: You are a prisoner?
LIBRARIAN: Of course, you nitwit. Ah, but you are new ... What did you think? Almost all the people here are prisoners or forced to work in some way! However, you are a pretty young thing. I bet the Master likes you just fine. Do not get used to it, though. He will get bored with you and then, you will regret it!
LOREEN: We can help each other get out of here!
LIBRARIAN: Aha, so he is bored with you already! Apparently, you are a stupid woman, then ...
LOREEN: Mind your tongue! I'm a princess and I'm also imprisoned here ... I'm trying to escape.
LIBRARIAN: Ooouch, my stomach ... I am very sorry for my rudeness. I would help you, but this stomach pain is terrible. I feel like I'm going to die.
LOREEN: Don't worry. I'll figure out a way to help you, somehow ...
[the player clicks on a pile of books on the floor]
LOREEN: These authors and titles are unfamiliar to me.
[the player clicks on a laboratory weight lying on the floor, and it is added to the inventory]
LOREEN: This weight looks heavier than it is ...
[the player clicks on the booklift near the front desk]
LOREEN: Interesting, this is the same kind of lift I used to talk with Nathaniel.
[the player clicks on the bookshelves behind the desk]
LOREEN: So many books are in here!
[the player clicks on another laboratory weight sitting on one of the shelves, and it is added to the inventory]
LOREEN: A very light weight.
[the player clicks on a cupboard in the back of the room]
LOREEN: I wonder what is in all those drawers? That will have to be an exploration for another time.
[the player clicks on the librarian]
LOREEN: Hey! You look really terrible ...
LIBRARIAN: Please, leave me alone ...
[the player clicks on a skull sitting on the top of one of the bookshelves]
LOREEN: A dragon skull? Thank goodness I won't meet that particular creature here ...
[the player clicks on the closed door in the back of the room, as "Set planets' symbols in their proper places" appears on screen]
LOREEN: It's some kind of lock ... I won't be able to open it until I know how to do it.
[the player tries clicking one of the symbols on the lock]
LOREEN: I'd better not move that until I know how it works.
[the player selects "Click to exit"]
LOREEN: I will come back to this later ...
[the player clicks the "Hint" button]
LOREEN: On the lowest level there is a library! And a librarian in there! He is a bit talkative and he is a prisoner, too. But he is ill ... I should look for a way to escape after I help the librarian.
[the player clicks on "Tell me more"]
LOREEN: There is some kind of tube near the lift ... it looks like part of a communication system.
[the player clicks on the tube next to the librarian]
LOREEN: Hello! I wonder what this is ...
NATHANIEL: [from off camera] Hello! I can hear you!
LOREEN: Is that you, Nathaniel? Where are you?
NATHANIEL: [from off camera] I'm in the same tower as you are. I've managed to get to the top room. Listen ... I met someone here, an alchemist. He will help us! And he said he will also help the librarian!
LOREEN: How do you know about the librarian?
NATHANIEL: [from off camera] The alchemist has some kind of magic scrying orb up here. I can see and hear everything you do. I've tried to contact you through it, but you appeared scared by the voice, so I stopped.
LOREEN: Oh! Yes, I remember the strange voice that seemed to be inside my head ... I thought I was going mad.
NATHANIEL: [from off camera] Please find the recipe for something called a Tummy Tonic. You must weight the ingredients precisely and send them to me along with the recipe. We will prepare the mixture here, then send it back so you can give it to the librarian for his stomach ache. We're going to need his help, too!
LOREEN: I'm in the library and haven't seen anything resembling an ingredient. Where do I find them?
NATHANIEL: [from off camera] There is a store room next to the library, you have to get in there ... Wait! Before you go, I also need wood to start a fire in the alchemist's stove. Maybe you can find some and send it to me?
[the player clicks on the lift next to the librarian, then selects the wood logs from his inventory]
LOREEN: These will be enough for a big fire!
[the player clicks the handle on the lift (closing the door and sending the wood logs up to the top room), then clicks on the librarian]
LIBRARIAN: I heard everything and I will not do it! I do not need any help from that miscreant up there! He is a traitor!
LOREEN: A traitor? Why? Do you know him?
LIBRARIAN: Of course I know him! We were friends once, long ago ...
LOREEN: Friends? But--
LIBRARIAN: I am not talking about the man you talked to, but about the alchemist who lives up there ... I will not talk to him and I certainly do not want any of his potions. I refuse to help him in any way! Auuuu! My stomach ...
LOREEN: Don't be so stubborn! We'll help you and then you'll help us!
LIBRARIAN: Maybe you are right. I must have relief ... Fine. I will do it. I must tell you that to open the door to the store room, you will need to know today's planet configuration. Ask the alchemist to use his telescope to give you the information. In the meantime, I will search for the recipe you need.
[the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: Nathaniel witnessed the whole exchange through the alchemist's scrying orb ...
[cut to the alchemist's study]
NATHANIEL: This scrying orb is wonderful! Apparently, the librarian and the princess need today's planets' configuration to get the various ingredients for the recipe.
ALCHEMIST: Ah yes, of course! The door to the store room would be locked, would it not? But the problem has an easy solution! Go to the terrace where you will find an excellent telescope. Use it!
NATHANIEL: I love planet spotting!
ALCHEMIST: Excellent ... but wait! I almost forgot. I had to remove the lens from it. Here it is. You do know how many planets are in our sky during this season, do you not?
NATHANIEL: Yes, I know. There are nine. I even know their names and symbols ... I had good teachers.
[cut to the terrace, as the player takes the lens from the inventory and places it on the telescope]
["Find the 9 planets" appears on screen, then the player uses the telescope to identify the nine planets in the night sky]
NATHANIEL: I've successfully drawn it!
[cut back to the alchemist's study, as the player clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door) and takes the wood logs out first]
NATHANIEL: Wood logs received!
[the player places the sketch of planet configurations inside the lift and clicks the handle again]
NATHANIEL: I surprised myself with how well I drew that ... I could have been an astronomer!
[the door to the lift closes, and the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: In the meantime, Loreen takes care of the very ill librarian. But all the while she is anxious to receive the planets' configuration ...
[cut back to the library]
LOREEN: The lift is here!
LIBRARIAN: It must be something from the alchemist or from your prince ...
LOREEN: The planets' configuration!
LIBRARIAN: Check it ... Ouch! Oh, the pain!
LOREEN: Don't worry, you will be cured soon!
LIBRARIAN: Yes ... I've found the recipe for the Tummy Tonic. But now I need a mirror to rewrite it for you so you can understand it.
LOREEN: A mirror? I'll find one right away.
[the player clicks on the closed door in the back of the room, as "Set planets' symbols in their proper places" appears on screen]
LOREEN: I need today's planet configuration to open this lock.
[the player clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door) and takes Nathaniel's sketch]
LOREEN: It's a very good drawing ... I hope it's what I need!
[the player clicks on the closed door in the back of the room again, and uses the sketch to rearrange the symbols into the proper order]
LOREEN: Oof! I've finally opened this door ...
[the player clicks the entrance to the storeroom, then cut to inside the room where a large weights scale sits in the middle of a table]
LOREEN: The weights go here.
[the player returns to the library, then clicks on the librarian]
LOREEN: Maybe I can decipher this recipe by myself. Do you really need a mirror?
LIBRARIAN: It is not that easy ... I need the mirror. Please, you must hurry!
[the player clicks on the tube next to the librarian]
LOREEN: Nathaniel!
NATHANIEL: Loreen, give the mirror to the librarian. He really needs it to decipher the code in the alchemist's books.
[the player clicks the "Hint" button]
LOREEN: There was a mirror in the upper level of this tower.
[the player clicks on "Tell me more"]
LOREEN: I need to break the mirror, then I will be able to pick up a piece of it.
[the player heads for the upper floor (where a large mirror sits on the top of the stairwell), then takes a key from the inventory and uses it to smash the mirror]
LOREEN: Oops ... It broke!
[the player clicks on a piece of mirror on the floor]
LOREEN: I'll take a piece of it with me ...
[the player returns to the library and clicks on the librarian]
LIBRARIAN: Uh, this mirror is too dirty ... you must clean it somehow!
[the player takes a handkerchief from the inventory and uses it on the dirty piece of mirror]
LOREEN: Now I can see my reflection in the mirror!
[the player clicks on the librarian]
LIBRARIAN: Ah! Thank you! Now ... take this recipe and find all the ingredients. Do not, under any circumstances, forget to weigh them precisely. The alchemist does not have scales up there and the exact weight of each ingredient is needed to prepare this elixir.
LOREEN: But where do I find the scales?
LIBRARIAN: They are in the store room ... Leave me now. I have so little strength left.
[the player returns to the storeroom with the Tummy Tonic recipe ("laboratory jar, laboratory jar, laboratory jar, 14g of coca leaves, 28g of cola nuts, 33g of sugar"), then clicks on each individual item scattered amongst the shelves on the walls]
[once all of the ingredients in the room have been collected, the player moves 33g worth of weights to one end of the scale, then places enough sugar on the other end until they are equally balanced]
LOREEN: The scales are balanced!
[the player clicks on the sugar in the scale, adding it to one of the laboratory jars]
LOREEN: This ingredient is properly weighed!
[the player moves 28g worth of weights to one end of the scale, then places enough cola nuts on the other end until they are equally balanced]
LOREEN: The scales are balanced!
[the player clicks on the cola nuts in the scale, adding it to another one of the laboratory jars]
LOREEN: This ingredient is properly weighed!
[the player moves 14g worth of weights to one end of the scale, then places enough coca leaves on the other end until they are equally balanced]
LOREEN: The scales are balanced!
[the player clicks on the coca leaves in the scale, adding it to the final laboratory jar]
LOREEN: This ingredient is properly weighed!
[the player returns to the library, then clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door)]
LOREEN: I hope I gathered everything Nathaniel needs for the recipe.
[the player places the Tummy Tonic recipe and ingredients inside the lift, then clicks the handle again, as the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: It is time to go see what Nathaniel and the alchemist are up to.
[cut back to the alchemist's study]
NATHANIEL: Okay, she sent the recipe, all the ingredients, and wood for the fireplace. You can prepare the tonic now!
ALCHEMIST: I certainly could, but I believe you can do this, dear boy! I will, of course, help you when, and if, you need it ...
NATHANIEL: Me? But how? I know nothing about alchemy ...
ALCHEMIST: You think so? And yet why do you think you were kidnapped?
NATHANIEL: Do you know something about it? Tell me!
ALCHEMIST: The Black Knight, Ashworth, has observed you for a long time in your father's kingdom through this scrying orb and his many spies. He believes you have a natural talent, that your Grandpa was a great alchemist. I will explain more later ... we need to get to work. For now, you have the Tummy Tonic recipe and you have all the ingredients, everything you need to begin. First you must boil an essence. When you do, bring it to me and I will tell you what to do next.
NATHANIEL: Okay, I will try.
[the player clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door) and adds the recipe/ingredients to the inventory]
NATHANIEL: I hope she has sent everything ...
[the player takes the firewood from the inventory and places it in the nearby stove]
NATHANIEL: Now, I have to fire it up!
[the player clicks on the recipe ("To prepare the essence, boil roasted cola nuts, ground coca leaves, sugar in a cauldron full of water for 25 seconds. Pour boiled essence into Flask"), then clicks the bellows next to the stove]
NATHANIEL: I believe it is used for heating up the stove.
[the player clicks on a water container above the alchemist's desk]
NATHANIEL: The water inside this container is very clean ... I'd bet it's used for making secret recipes!
[the player clicks on the cauldron sitting on top of the stove]
NATHANIEL: First, I need to roast some of the ingredients. Then, the cauldron is for boiling ...
[the player clicks on a copper pan sitting on the floor next to the stove]
NATHANIEL: A copper pan is great for roasting ...
[the pan replaces the cauldron on top of the stove (as the cauldron moves to the floor), then the player clicks on the cauldron again]
NATHANIEL: The cauldron is for boiling concoctions ... The recipe says I must roast something first.
[the player clicks the cola nuts and places them in the copper pan]
NATHANIEL: Okay, the recipe says I need to roast it!
[the player clicks on the alchemist]
NATHANIEL: Umm ... Forgive me, but I'm not sure what I have to do.
ALCHEMIST: Weren't you listening to me? I will go over it again so that there are no misunderstandings. You have to boil the essence per the instructions on the recipe, then bring it to me! Quickly! Get to work!
[the player clicks on a candle sitting on a nearby shelf]
NATHANIEL: I have to be careful so I don't burn myself.
[the player takes the candle from the inventory, then uses it to light up the firewood]
NATHANIEL: Okay, it's burning.
[the player repeatedly clicks on the bellows until the stove's temperature gauge reaches the red level]
NATHANIEL: Temperature has risen to roasting level!
[after fifteen seconds, "Ingredient roasted!" appears on screen]
NATHANIEL: Okay, it's roasted ...
[the player clicks on the roasted cola nuts and adds them to the inventory]
NATHANIEL: Okay, so what is the next step?
[the player clicks on the cauldron, placing it on the top of the stove]
NATHANIEL: Okay, let's boil the mixture!
[the player clicks on the cabinet behind the alchemist]
NATHANIEL: I'll just take one flask.
[a flask is added to the inventory, then the player clicks on the cabinet again]
NATHANIEL: There are a lot of laboratory glasses here ... but I don't need them right now.
[the player takes the flask from the inventory and places it under the water container]
NATHANIEL: And it's filled.
[the player takes the flask with water from the inventory and places it in the cauldron]
NATHANIEL: Okay, I put it inside.
[the player takes the roasted cola nuts from the inventory and places them in the cauldron]
NATHANIEL: Okay, I put it inside.
[the player takes the ground coca leaves from the inventory and places them in the cauldron]
NATHANIEL: Okay, I put it inside.
[the player takes the sugar from the inventory and places it in the cauldron]
NATHANIEL: Okay, I put it inside.
[the player clicks on the bellows until the stove's temperature gauge reaches the yellow level]
NATHANIEL: Temperature has risen to boiling level!
[after twenty five seconds, "Essence boiled!" appears on screen]
NATHANIEL: Okay, it's boiled ...
[the player takes the flask (now empty) and places it in the cauldron full of boiled mixture]
NATHANIEL: Okay, I've got it!
[the Tummy Tonic essence is added to the player's inventory, so he gives it to the alchemist]
ALCHEMIST: Well done! But keep the essence with you for another moment ... Now it's time for the next step. You must dilute the essence to its proper concentration.
NATHANIEL: I have to do it? Fine ... What's the proper concentration for it?
ALCHEMIST: Mix the essence with exactly four liters of water ...
NATHANIEL: That's all? Will it be ready then?
ALCHEMIST: Not quite yet. You must then bring it back to me and I will do the last trick myself. I will add the bubbles! Without the bubbles, the tonic is useless ... or at least tasteless.
NATHANIEL: Ha! So the most interesting part is for you to do.
ALCHEMIST: What can I say? I am the alchemist, not you ... Go take four liters of water from the container and dilute the essence. One more thing, you won't need this recipe anymore. I'll take it.
[the recipe disappears from the inventory, then the player clicks on the tube next to the alchemist]
NATHANIEL: Hey! Are you there?
LOREEN: [from off camera] Yes! What happened? Any problems with the tonic? You'd better hurry up and send it down here ... the librarian is in very bad shape.
NATHANIEL: I will send the tonic soon.
[the player clicks on the water container]
NATHANIEL: I will need a big flask to be able to fill it with four liters of water.
[the player clicks on the cabinet behind the alchemist]
NATHANIEL: This jar has at least eight liters capacity ...
[a eight-liter flask is added to the inventory, then the player places it under the water container (as "Measure 4 liters of water" appears on screen) and uses the various measuring cups under the water container to get the requisite amount]
NATHANIEL: That wasn't so easy, but finally I have it ... exactly four liters of water!
[the player combines the Tummy Tonic essence with the flask in the inventory]
NATHANIEL: I think it's ready now ...
[the player clicks the diluted Tummy Tonic essence and gives it to the alchemist]
NARRATOR: The alchemist keeps his "bubbles" secret hidden. While he adds the bubbles to the Tummy Tonic, he turns so Nathaniel can only see his back ...
[the "carbonated" Tummy Tonic (which now resembles an old-style glass bottle of Coca Cola) is added to the inventory, as the player clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door) and places the tonic inside]
NATHANIEL: I bet I could have been an alchemist, too. I created the tonic all by myself.
[the player clicks the handle again, as the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: The librarian looks terrible, but maybe now Loreen can cure him ...
[cut back to the library]
LOREEN: The lift is back! I hope the tonic is in there ... Why did it take so long?
[the player clicks the handle on the lift (opening the door), and takes the tonic]
LOREEN: Finally, I've got the tonic!
[the player clicks the tonic in the inventory and gives it to the librarian]
LOREEN: Drink it!
LIBRARIAN: Slurp, slurp, slurp!
[the librarian smiles]
LIBRARIAN: Thank you so much ... that was wonderful! I feel no pain and it's very tasty! Who would have thought?
LOREEN: Great!
LIBRARIAN: You take the rest of it, my dear ... I do not need it any longer, and perhaps it will help you somehow.
LOREEN: But I don't have problems with my stomach ...
LIBRARIAN: You never know. Besides, it is so great a formula that it surely must have another application. Okay, I need to speak with the alchemist, I might have been too severe towards him ... This is all the Black Knight's fault! We will have our revenge on him! You mark my words!
[the tonic returns to the player's inventory, as the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: The librarian is grateful to the clever alchemist. Too bad he was angry with him for so long ... Luckily, the alchemist forgives him and they regain their long lost friendship. They vow to each other that they will wreak mighty havoc and take their revenge on Ashworth soon, but first they will help Loreen and Nathaniel escape.
[cut back to the library]
LIBRARIAN: Well then, I suppose you heard everything ...
LOREEN: Yes, I'm not sure what to say ...
LIBRARIAN: You can say "thank you," you can give me a kiss, and you can get your pretty behind ready to work! We have a lot to do!
LOREEN: Well, thank you, then. And here is a kiss for you ... Mwah!
LIBRARIAN: Thanks! First thing, you have to open the door to the alchemist's room ... you must figure out how to do this by yourself.
LOREEN: I can do that.
LIBRARIAN: Meanwhile, I will search my books ... Sorry, I will search the alchemist's books for some good recipes that will help you escape. Go now!
[the player heads back to the upper floor (where a trap door beneath the alchemist's room can be seen) and uses the Tummy Tonic on its rusty lock]
LOREEN: Who would think that the Tummy Tonic would be such a good rust remover!
[with the rust gone, the player uses the key from the inventory on the lock, as the scene fades to black]
NARRATOR: After what seems like forever, Loreen and Nathaniel finally meet up again. Nathaniel comforts Loreen after her ordeal, knowing she is a brave woman. But before they can escape, Loreen must get back to the librarian for a recipe and the ingredients that will hopefully help them leave this terrible castle.
[cut back to the trap door beneath the alchemist's room, as the player returns to the library]
LOREEN: I've done it! The way to the alchemist's room is opened. And you were right, this stomach elixir has another application ... it's a great rust remover!
LIBRARIAN: Who would have expected that? Interesting ... But down to business, I found something good for you. Take this recipe.
LOREEN: And what will happen to you and the alchemist?
LIBRARIAN: Don't worry. When you are both safe, we will prepare our own revenge ...
LOREEN: That's good ... and what is this recipe for?
LIBRARIAN: The alchemist will tell you ... Now, get all the ingredients and take them to the alchemist!
[the player collects the ingredients ("laboratory jar, laboratory jar, laboratory jar, laboratory jar, Tears of Pegasus, blood of an albino bat, 40g of black lotus, 24g of bluebells, 39g of cocoons, 15g of toadstools") from the storeroom, then returns to the librarian]
LIBRARIAN: Any problems?
LOREEN: No, but--
LIBRARIAN: You have to collect all the ingredients from the recipe and take them to the alchemist ... That's all.

---

From amazon.com:

Royal Trouble: Hidden Adventures
by G5 Entertainment AB
Original Release Date: October 18, 2012

Help two charming royal heirs escape from a secluded island in this hidden object quest! Princess Loreen and Prince Nathaniel find themselves locked in a dungeon without any idea of how they got there. She is bright, witty and rebellious. He is handsome, smart and brave. Unfortunately, they can't stand each other! Take control of both the Prince and Princess and help this hilarious bickering duo escape from their dastardly kidnappers.

Search through the castle for exits and avoid being caught. Find suitable items to help manage their inventories, to solve puzzles, and play outstanding mini-games in search of answers. Solve the mystery of their captivity, and watch love blossom in this charming adventure game with fun twists and turns.

* 22 Entertaining locations
* 16 Intricate mini games
* Charming witty characters
* Explosive combination of mystery, romance and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment