Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Case Study No. 0451: Unnamed Male Librarian (The Amazing Spider-Man)

Stan Lee spoils his cameo in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN at the 2011 Dallas Comic Con
3:14
This video property of http://bigfanboy.com - Stan "The Man" Lee participated is a special Q&A panel at the May 2011 Dallas Comic Con, moderated by legendary Marvel artist John Romita Jr. (co-creator of KICK-ASS). During the presentation, Stan revealed to the crowd his cameo in the upcoming reboot THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, which also tells us a little something we can look forward to seeing in the film.

Camera: Rachel Parker

This video and its content is property of Bigfanboy.com and should not be duplicated in any way without permission.
Tags: stan lee the amazing spider-man cameo lizard spidey dallas comic con john romita jr. q&a panel clip sneak preview spoiler news superhero marvel comics book writer creator
Added: 1 year ago
From: THEBIGFANBOY
Views: 9,890

[Stan Lee and John Romita are onstage, taking a question from the audience]
STAN LEE: I heard the second part, I missed the first part.
JOHN ROMITA: How does it work? How does that work with the cameos? Do you force yourself upon the director, or do they ask you?
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: You may not know me well ...
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: But, even in the little that you've seen of me, do I look like the kind of guy who would force myself? All I do is I cry and I yell and I scream if I don't get a cameo!
[audience applauds]
STAN LEE: No, they have asked me to do these, and I gotta admit I love it. I'm a ham, I love doing them. Wait'll you see me in Captain America, wait'll you see the Spider-Man one!
[audience applauds]
JOHN ROMITA: You like that one, the Spider-Man?
STAN LEE: I guarantee the Spider-Man one is the funniest one you will ever see! You must ... Oh, and I'll tell you something else! I didn't do one for the X-Men, for some reason they didn't call me. Maybe it was they shot most of it outta the country, and I didn't wanna travel that far, but the point is that I'm not in it. But I figured out the reason they didn't try to get me, they are so shrewd! They figure without me, it'll sell more tickets!
JOHN ROMITA: [laughs]
STAN LEE: And I'll tell you why ... People will go to the movie, and when they come out they'll say "Wait a minute, we didn't see Stan's cameo! We must've missed it! We'll buy another ticket and go back!" And they'll sell twice as many tickets!
[audience applauds]
JOHN ROMITA: So which one is your favorite? That was the second part of that question.
STAN LEE: The one that didn't come up yet, the one in Spider-Man.
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: Wait'll you see it. Oh, it is so funny! And it wasn't my, none of these are my idea. They tell me what to do. So, there you go. But this one is genius.
JOHN ROMITA: Mister--
STAN LEE: Can I describe it? Should I tell, am I allowed to tell them?
[audience applauds as Romita nods]
STAN LEE: But you mustn't tell anybody, because they--
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: If they find out it gets around, they may not give me anymore cameos!
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: There's a big battle going on with Spider-Man and the Lizard in a library. I'm the librarian!
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: And I'm stamping books. So I'm just stamping books, and I have earphones on, and I'm listening to music. So while I'm stamping the books, I'm going ...
[he begins doing a little dance in his seat as the audience laughs]
STAN LEE: Stamping, and this life-and-death battle is going on behind me! But I don't know it, I don't hear them! So that's what it is, and it looks so funny! And I look so dumb!
[audience laughs]
STAN LEE: They always manage to make me look dumb ... That's it!
JOHN ROMITA: Excellent question!
[audience applauds]

---

From bigfanboy.com:

Video: Stan Lee spoils his cameo in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN movie at Dallas Comic Con
By Mark Walters
Published: May 23, 2011

The Dallas Comic Con over the weekend was a huge success, definitely the biggest pop culture event Texas has ever seen, with attendance numbers hitting an estimated 10, 000 fans over the two days. One of the most exciting moments of the show was the Sunday Q&A with Stan "The Man" Lee, moderated by legendary Marvel artist John Romita Jr., who was also making a rare appearance at the event. Amongst the many questions Lee fielded from fans, one that got huge enthusiasm from the audience was regarding his cameos in upcoming Marvel movies, such as CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER and director Marc Webb's reboot THE AMAZNG SPIDER-MAN – Stan was not asked to cameo in Matthew Vaughn's X-MEN FIRST CLASS. While answering the question, Mr. Lee revealed not only who he's playing in the film, but what is going on around him, which sounds rather fun. Check out the clip below to see and hear for yourself. You could say this is a minor spoiler, though it gives us something cool to look forward to. Thanks to Rachel Parker of DFWLive.org for shooting this moment – full Q&A video coming soon!

---

From reelmovienation.com:

A Look Back at Stan Lee's Cameos to Celebrate 'The Amazing Spider-Man'
Stephen Branson
July 2, 2012

If you're a fan of Marvel movies, you may have noticed a certain elderly gentleman with glasses and a mustache who keeps appearing in the films. Who is this man? It's none other than comic book legend, Stan Lee.

Who is Stan Lee?

Stan Lee, is an American comic book writer, editor, actor, producer, publisher, television personality, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

In collaboration with several artists, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Hulk, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor, and many other fictional characters. In addition, he headed the first major successful challenge to the industry's censorship organization, the Comics Code Authority, and forced it to reform its policies. Lee subsequently led the expansion of Marvel Comics from a small division of a publishing house to a large multimedia corporation.

He was inducted into the comic book industry's Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 1994 and the Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1995.

[...]

Be sure to catch Stan Lee's appearance as the school librarian in The Amazing Spider-Man this week.

---

From tvtropes.org:

In "The Amazing Spider Man" (2012), Stan Lee makes his requisite cameo appearance (credited as "School Librarian") listening to classical music on his headphones, oblivious to The Lizard and Spider-Man's violent clash that decimates the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment